Knowing the operation and available alternatives in your browser is vital, so that you can make the most of it, do you know what are Chrome extensions for? Find out by reading this post.
What is Google Chrome?
It is an internet browser that allows you to access all the information, images, videos and other published content easily and safely. Through a platform equipped with an intuitive bar where, just by placing the identification of what interests you, it quickly directs you to it; even if you search by typing its web address.
This browser offers you a series of functions as part of its robust interface and at the same time you can synchronize it with all your devices. It is one of the most widely used worldwide, as it meets the needs of many users.
One of its advantages is that it has the possibility of integrating with other platforms and devices through a Gmail account. It also has a series of add-ons or extensions that have allowed it to position itself among the best.
What are Chrome extensions for?
Chrome extensions are applications that help you perform specific tasks while browsing, they are one of its strengths, since it allows many users to adapt it to their needs to work quickly and comfortably.
When you install Chrome you will find that they include some extensions which you can identify, for example, such as Mail, Youtube, Google search and more; since you can add as many as you need, although it is recommended that you only install those that do not degrade the performance of this browser.
The Chrome developers have created some of them, but others are third-party; so you have free and paid versions.
Its installation is simple, you just have to access Chrome Web Stores or any other Google store or repository, enter settings, click on extensions and select get more extensions, choose the one that interests you.
Check if the one you are looking for is not installed, in which case the free button appears if it is or obtain. When you already have this extension, it only tells you to rate. In which case it only remains to click to confirm the evaluation or installation of your tool that will be shown immediately active in your Chrome bar.
There are many Chrome extensions and each user chooses the ones that adapt to their own needs, but some of the most used are undoubtedly:
- Adblock, allows you to browse without annoying advertisements, advertisements, banners and more.
- LasPass, allows you to save your passwords with secure access from any computer or mobile.
- TinyFilter, is a filter that allows you to block unwanted pages, very useful for children’s browsing on your computer.
- HTTPS Everywhere, allows you to browse safely under the HTTPS protocol.
- DuckDuckGo, with this extension you can search the internet anonymously. It is a famous search engine that emphasizes the importance of your privacy and not registering your personal data.
- Evernote Web Clipper, so you can copy information while browsing.
- Save to Google Drive, add functions to your right button so that you can easily store the information in Google Drive.
As you can see, the list of extensions is infinite, with elements such as OneTab with which you reduce all your tabs to a list or Picmonkey that helps you edit images or even part of a window instantly captured from the web.
So without a doubt Chrome has so many extensions that you should get to know them progressively one by one, so that you enjoy this browser to the fullest and take advantage of it.
They are tools created to customize Chrome according to your needs and those that allow you to take shortcuts, reducing the time spent during your management in front of the computer.
Leave a Reply